What is the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to go become a US citizen after entering the country illegally 12 years ago?

Arlington, TX |

My husband came to the US illegally at the age of 11. We have been married for a little less than a year and are finding it difficult to live with his situation. He does not have a visa or an ITIN # yet. We would like to start the naturalization process as soon as possible. Questions are: How much does it cost (average), how long will it take (average), will he have to leave the country? Do you have any recommendations of lawyers in the DFW area?

If he entered without inspection you can file for him but he will have to go home to continue with the process and file for a waiver of his prior unlawful presence. With government filing fees and attorney's fees, you will be looking at a range from about 2k-10k. Attorney's fees for waivers vary greatly and can become pricey due to the complexity involved. For an attorney recommendation, check the website of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association): www.aila.org or do an Avvo search for an attorney in your area.

Best,
Patrice Dziire
Law Offices of Patrice Dziire
pdziire@gmail.com

I will agree with my colleague. He might also be able to benefit from INA 245(i). I will recommend talking to a lawyer before he leaves.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.