What is the cost of a legal name change in n.c.?

Corolla, NC |

i want to know the rate for my own future plans

Filed under: Birth certificate

An adult name change in North Carolina requires that you file some paperwork with the clerk of court, and pay an $88 filing fee.

There are a few steps to the filing process. First, a notice must be filed, posted and left up for 10 days. Second, after the ten day period, a petition for name change must be filed along with two affidavits of character. The clerk also requires a copy of your birth certificate and a valid picture id.

As far as I know, the clerk of court can not supply you with the forms to do this yourself, so I would recommending contacting a local attorney to handle the matter for you.

What if you are born outside the USA and have no birth certificate? Can you use your permanent resident ALien card instead of the birth certificate and for the area where you fill in the city and state, can you out the country where you were born there?