Skip to main content

What is the Civil Compromise procedure in Oregon? And does it keep a misdemeanor off of your record?

Albany, OR |

I recently got into some trouble with a retailer by attempting to shoplift a value of $25. This is my first offense, and I normally don't do anything like this, so I want to see if the retailer will accept a Civil Compromise. I saw that it is an alternative to being prosecuted, but I can't seem to find any information on it, so if the procedure could be outlined for me, that would be wonderful!

The violated rule: ORS 164.043
Theft 3
Value: $25
First time offense

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Check out ORS 135.703. This is the statute covering civil compromise. ORS 135.705 is the statute that you must satisfy to get the accusatory instrument dismissed. You will need written acknowledgement of satisaction by the retailer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer