Skip to main content

What is the best way to get my fiance from the phillipines to the U. S. ? i will be visiting phillipines in may, 2013

Peel, AR |

we were to be wed in phillipines but i must stay over there a minimum of thirty days prior to the wedding. just want to be married and get her over here in the easiest possible way. i reside in arkansas, but have a missouri address.

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Marriage
Attorney answers 3


You can apply for your fiance either as a fiance or a spouse. Either way you will have to apply for a visa and complete the process through the National Visa Center and it will take anywhere from approximately 9-12 months for her to arrive in the United States, the timing is really dependent upon the efficiency and accuracy of the petition preparation.


Assuming that you are a US citizen, you may apply for her as your fiancee after you've met her at least once in the past 2 years. You have to prove that the relationship is bona fide. Alternatively, if you marry her, you could apply for her as your spouse. Be aware that spouses of US citizens can still be denied by the consular officer if s/he believes that the marriage relationship is not real and intended only to obtain an immigration benefit. Processing for fiancee visas tend to be faster than processing for spouses. There are many other considerations and issues that require review. I'd suggest you consult with an immigration attorney. Best wishes.

(626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.


I agree with my colleagues.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.