Skip to main content

What is the best option for an out of state parenting plan for an infant for a non custodial parent who lives in California

Portland, OR |

I am a single woman and have an 11 month old son via artificial insemination from a friend of 16 years (known sperm donor) and we agreed that he would be the child's father (legally and biologicially). He is gay (lives with his partner in California). I live most of the time in Oregon and we are now in a custody situation...he wants me/the child to live and be in California near him. All of the legal stuff we have lawyers now dealing with this. I have been asked to come up w/a parenting plan. Need legal opinions on how much time is appropriate for my infant to spend with his father (and partner) without me in California. My gut instinct tells me no more than 3 nights (or a long weekend) at this age. Also I am proposing 3/3.5 months a year (divided) that I would try to come to CA

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You posted this question twice. Since you say you currently have a lawyer, that person is the best one to ask about constructing a parenting plan.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer