Skip to main content

What is the best immigration lawyer in houston,tx?

Houston, TX |

Im going to get married with my fiance shes a U.S citizen and ive been here ilegally since i was 2yrs old and im currently 21. i came without a visa or anything like that. i want to know if she legalizes me what is the process and how long does it take? also what is the best immigration lawyer in houston?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 1


Since you entered without inspection, in order for you obtain your residency, you will have to go through consular processing. However, based on your age, you will have to present a waiver for your unlawful presence in the United States. This is not an easy strategy and can be risky since it's not a guaranteed process. I would recommend that you marry and accumulate evidence of extreme hardship to your spouse before you proceed with Consular Processing. It is critical that if you decide to proceed that you consult with an immigration lawyer.

One of the best immigraiton lawyers in Houston is Brian Bates. He's my former boss. The man is brilliant. Send him my regards.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer