What is the Average penalty for a 1st time DUI offender in Colorado?

Denver, CO |

In Colorado a person without any prior DUI's if convicted will face a penalty as follows:

Jail of 5 days to one year all of which may be suspended

Fines of $300.-$1000.

48 hours-96 hours community service

You should consult with a DUI attorney who practices in Colorado. You can go to the National College of DUI Defense website NCDD.com and find a qualified attorney in your area of Colorado.

Good Luck

Each judge is different, so chances are you will not be ordered to jail with the facts you provided, but you are probably looking at 18 months probation with strict terms and condition, suspended jail, including community service, alcohol evaluation and treatment, a victim impact panel to name a few.

For more information, see the Sunday Denver Post Newspaper from August 9, where the papaer quoted me describing such penalties.

Also, keep in mind that DMV will automatically revoke your driver's license for 9 months if you do not request and litigate the DMV action.

For a free consultation, feel free to call us at 303-456-1600. Thanks.

I would echo Chris Cessna's response and urge you to call him. We are both members of the National College of DUI Defense.