What is statue of limitions for stalking to interstate stalking and cyberstalking in WI

Milwaukee, WI |

I was stalked by ex girlfriend, her family & friends on line. [name omitted]of Milwaukee,WI contacted people in Arlington, Texas where I used to reside, trespassed, threaten, assaulted my elderly mother and stolen money. She had people followed us to hotels & place of my employment at medical facilities contacting people violated privacy act in 2009 Arlington police officers did nothing ! Other police officers are not helpful not knowing or trained in stalking to cyberstalking laws. What is statue of limitions in civil court for stalking, interstate stalking, cyberstalking?

Your question was posted in the criminal defense section, but is really about civil litigation. Most civil statutes of limitations run 2-3 years, but I would not be able to hazard a guess as to which statute of limitations applies in your case. I suggest you try posting in the civil litigation section, or consult directly with a local, experienced civil litigation attorney.

With respect to criminal charges generally, WI has a 3 year statute of limitations for misdemeanors, and 6 years for felonies. Certain crimes may have longer statutes of limitations depending on the circumstances.

If you are trying to pursue criminal charges, you should contact the local police department/district attorney's office. They will be able to help you better than a criminal defense lawyer. Our job is to defend the type of people you are describing, not prosecute or sue them.

Good luck!

You can get a harassment injunction against her. There is a criminal offense that is stalking which is a felony and can be charged up to 6 years later.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.