Skip to main content

What is statue of limitions for stalking to interstate stalking and cyberstalking in WI

Milwaukee, WI |

I was stalked by ex girlfriend, her family & friends on line. [name omitted]of Milwaukee,WI contacted people in Arlington, Texas where I used to reside, trespassed, threaten, assaulted my elderly mother and stolen money. She had people followed us to hotels & place of my employment at medical facilities contacting people violated privacy act in 2009 Arlington police officers did nothing ! Other police officers are not helpful not knowing or trained in stalking to cyberstalking laws. What is statue of limitions in civil court for stalking, interstate stalking, cyberstalking?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your question was posted in the criminal defense section, but is really about civil litigation. Most civil statutes of limitations run 2-3 years, but I would not be able to hazard a guess as to which statute of limitations applies in your case. I suggest you try posting in the civil litigation section, or consult directly with a local, experienced civil litigation attorney.

With respect to criminal charges generally, WI has a 3 year statute of limitations for misdemeanors, and 6 years for felonies. Certain crimes may have longer statutes of limitations depending on the circumstances.

If you are trying to pursue criminal charges, you should contact the local police department/district attorney's office. They will be able to help you better than a criminal defense lawyer. Our job is to defend the type of people you are describing, not prosecute or sue them.

Good luck!


You can get a harassment injunction against her. There is a criminal offense that is stalking which is a felony and can be charged up to 6 years later.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer