Skip to main content

What is she to do ?

Statesboro, GA |

I have a cousin that is pregnant she's a minor and she says she needs advice. She just found out she is pregnant and her mom told her she couldn't bring the baby in her home, what is she to do. She have other trustful people to stay with.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Her mother may be committing a crime if she tries to keep her daughter and the child out of the home.

You don't say what town she is in but since you're in Statesboro call these agencies to hook her up with counseling, help and assistance:

Crisis Pregnancy Center of Statesboro
204 North College Street
Statesboro, GA 30458

The Living Vine
A Christian Home for Unwed Mothers
535 East 54th Street
P.O. Box 16932
Savannah, GA 31405

Planned Parenthood
Savannah Center
44 B Lee Blvd.
Savannah, GA 31405

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.



If she called DFACS , do you think they will take her out the home so she could movr with a relative or a responsible adult,or will they send her to foster care ?

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman


She probably would land in foster care.


Normally I would say she needs to talk to a lawyer, but given her age I know that paying for one is probably not an option. She should follow the previous advice and contact local agencies that can help her both with legal issues and support after the child is born.