Skip to main content

What is required to qualify for an annulment?

Lincoln Park, MI |

Can I file for an annulment even if it has been seven years; the person has left over and over again and refuses to agree to the divorce? This is partly why the issue has drug out for so long. Other reasons include not having the finances to pursue the issue with a lawyer or file the paperwork.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As I mentioned in the other answer, this will be a divorce, and you will have to petition to have him pay your fees and costs. Please call my office in the morning with details.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .


Hi, You cannot file for an annulment under the facts that you are presenting. You need to file for divorce. Talk to an attorney for more advice and information. Good luck to you.

Henry Gornbein


As long as one person wants a divorce, and can show that the marriage relationship has broken down, the divorce will be granted. A spouse cannot block a divorce.

I am licensed to practice law in Michigan and Virginia and regularly handle cases of this sort. You should not rely on this answer. You should consult a lawyer so you can tell the lawyer the entire situation and get legal advice that is precisely tailored to your case.