Skip to main content

What is my right and what should i do?

Green Bay, WI |

my ex husband always pay alimony late, what can i or the court do to make him pay on time? Also my ex claim that i have to pay for half of his student loan which he has before we got married?
I have a lawyer but seem like everything aren't go every well

What is my right and what should i tell my lawyer to make my ex pay on time?
I want my right and please help me.

Thank you so much

+ Read More

Filed under: Alimony
Attorney answers 1


Whether you have to pay 1/2 of his student loans depends on what is in your property settlement and findings of fact. Review that with your attorney and find out if you have any obligation.

You can have your attorney file a motion to get an "order for assignment" on the support payments and have them automatically taken out of his paychecks and paid through the state trust fund. That's the way it's supposed to be done in the first place. Again, your attorney can do this for you.
Hope this helps - good luck

1. This reply is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice.
2. No attorney-client relationship has been created by this reply.
3. If you need legal advice, consult a licensed attorney in your
state to make sure you understand both your state and
federal laws concerning your issue. Your attorney will need
specific and complete facts to provide you with legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer