What is most likely to happen to me? & should i get an attorney? how should i go about this ?

Bullhead City, AZ |

I got pulled over when making an illegal turn and they saw a bong so they serched the car and found like 2.5 grams on marijuana and a scale + the bong... i recieved my court papers and they only charged me with possession of marijuana, class 6 felony & possession of drug paraphernalia also a class 6 felony . please help !

im am also UNDER 18 years old

Best Answer

An attorney will give you the best chances at resolving the issue in a positive way. The charges you received are the normal charges given the fact scenario you presented. Sometimes diversion may be available. Or when an attorney looks at your case, there may be issues arising ou of the report that could constitute a dismissal.

Thanks for answering ! What exactly would a dismissal mean? And do you no how much an attorney for something like this would cost me because I'm pretty broke..

Ryan W Cummings

Ryan W Cummings

Every attorney charges different prices. However, most attorneys have free consultations and some have payment plans. Use this site to get you started. And a dismissal means no conviction because either the state dismissed (gets rid of it) or you win a trial.

Contact counsel and explain. Diversion is possible.

The best first step in protecting your rights is to consult and retain an experienced local defense lawyer. The focus should be on reviewing the facts to determine what defense strategies are available. Preparing a Mitigation presentation should be considered.

This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.