Skip to main content

What is fastest way to petition parents? Could you expedite with some valid reasons?

Sacramento, CA |

I am a US citizen and would like to petition my parents to come over here in the US. Now one of my siblings(also a US Citizen) is really ill and is been undergoing a series of treatments for several months now and will last long. I feel the hardship they've been having through that is why I wanted to bring my parents to help them with. Are there some sort of special cases to bring over parents in expedited mode? If so, how and what is the process? I appreciate any help from you Avvo Attorneys!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your first step is to file the proper petition(s). You are wasting time by not getting this done.
Your parents are immediate relatives and it does not take that long to get them here.
Once the proper petitions are filed your parents may be admitted via humanitarian parole if you provide evidence of a life or death situation.
A second possibility is visitor visas for your parents. This will be difficult as they my provide proof to the US Consulate officer that they do not intend to immigrate.
An experienced immigration attorney will not be able to expedite the petitions absent proof of the life or death situation. However the attorney will be able to get the proper documents filed more quickly and orderly so that the process moves along with no delays.


I concur with my esteemed colleague's excellent answer. She covered everything, there is nothing more to be said.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


There is only one way to petition parents.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer