What is a typical punishment for a first offense, which happens to be a felony?

Las Vegas, NV |

I believe that the case is purely circumstantial. Charging me as a criminal based on unsavory characters' "statements" regarding me, as well as verbal manipulation of my own statement regarding issue at hand. If I go to trial, what is the worst punishment for a felony assault charge for a first time offender?

If it is a felony assault then it would involve the use of a deadly weapon. In that case, if you are convicted at trial, the sentencing range is a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 6 years. The minimum sentence cannot exceed 40% of the maximum sentence. In other words, if you were to receive the maximum sentence, you would be eligible for release after 28 months. Assault with a deadly weapon is a probationable offense, however, and the Judge could grant you probation depending on the facts of your case and your lack of criminal record.