Skip to main content

What is a memorandum opinion for post-secondary education support? Is it final or can it be appealed?

Raymond, WA |

This is regarding a post-secondary support where the child makes over $10,000 per year and is not reliant upon parents for support. Tuition is paid already and judge is saying the father has to pay it anyways and the scholarships should go directly to the child.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The court must make certain findings in order to order post-secondary support, one of which is that the child is financially dependent upon the parents. In order to more fully answer your question more facts would be necessary. I would advise you to have a consulation with an experienced family law attorney to review the findings of the court, what they were based upon, and any further action that you may wish to take.

Legal disclaimer: This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer