Skip to main content

What is a DOMESTIC RELATIONS case type?

Miami, FL |
Attorney answers 4


Family law type of case, divorce, support, paternity, that sort of thing.


Anything family law related like divorce, child custody, paternity, etc.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


Domestic Relations is another term for Family Law and involves Dissolution of Marriage (a/k/a Divorce), Paternity (to establish the rights and obligations of the parents for a child born out of wedlock), and any actions that come AFTER the case is closed such as a Motion for Contempt or Enforcement for the non-payment of alimony or child support. In most cases there is no one that will "do any time behind it" as you ask, but the court can incarerate someone in contempt for non-payment of alimony or support or for certain other contempt violations of the court. Your friend should contact a lawyer.


This can also include a domestic violence injunction.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. <p><a href="" target="_blank">Longwell Lawyers</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Criminal Defense Attorneys</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Family Law Attorneys</a></p>

Avvo divorce email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer