Skip to main content

What is a destruction of complaint? My boyfriend had a mis. domestic in 08 it says dest of compl 9/11 can it be removed from rec

Cranston, RI |
Attorney answers 1


If the misdemeanor case was his only conviction in his adult life, and it was a "filing," then the case is over after a year, but it takes three years to get it expunged from his record. If it was any period of probation or suspended time, he'll have to wait five years after the end of his sentence before he can move to have it expunged. If you have any other questions about his case or his eligibility to seal/expunge his record, feel free to give me a call at (401) 274-2423.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer