What is a contested revocation hearing in Texas?

San Angelo, TX |

They filed a MOTION TO REVOKE PROBATION my sister plead guilty for FRAUD POSS CS/PRESCRIPTION SCH III/IV 3rd Degree Felony a year ago and got 5 years probation and 300 hours of community service it was her first offense, now they filed a motion to revoke her probation and has contested revocation hearing, What is going to happen? I think she has not been keeping up with some payments since they send her papers from the county clerks office collections all the time

The judge has wide latitude in what the disposition will be. If the probation was for 5 years in prison probated for 5 years the Judge could sentence her to 5 years in prison.

He could also extend probation, give jail time as a condition of probation. The bottom line is, the Judge has complete discretion.

A contested revocation means that there is no agreed disposition of the case with the State.

THIS ANSWER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.