Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

What is a best way to include relative-foreigner as LLC member in CA without bothering him to sign formal papers.

I formed single-member LLC in CA. Unfortunately I found later that single-member LLC does not provide usual limited liability protection. I'm thinking about including my brother as a 2nd LLC member giving him around 2-5% of shares to restore liability protection. The problem is that my brother lives in other country, he is ready to help me, but he doesn't want to be bothered by business formalities including signing papers, especially originals, when we should use mail. Is it possible to include him as LLC member in a way that his required formal activity is decreased to zero? My guess is to convert LLC to manager-based, create class of non-voting partners and include him as a silent partner. Does it require any signatures from him? Are any other ways? Thanks in advance.

| 2 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content