Skip to main content

What is a "motion or answer"?

Oregon |

I was served papers on an account that I owe money. In the court papers it says that I have to file a legal paper called a " motion" or "answer". and that it must be in proper form. How do I do this if I can't afford an attorney?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you cannot afford an attorney, the Oregon State bar has a couple of links that may help you. The first link below lists the contact information for Legal Aid services around Oregon, which can provide free legal help for low income clients. If you do not qualify for Legal Aid, and are considered to have "moderate means" the second link provides information about the Oregon State Bar's modest means program, which can help you find an attorney who won't charge more than $60 an hour.

Also, if the claim is in the Small Claims Department, your county circuit court most likely has forms available that may be of some assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer