Skip to main content

What if someone has consulted with an immigration lawyer but cant afford to hire due to recieves ssi income

Wasco, CA |

Im disabled and recieve SSI and my husband is incarcerated with Icehold is there an attorney that can help me orgive me suggestions my husband is my other half I my children need him someoneplease help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Seek out the Legal Aid Society or Catholic Charities or even Jewish family services closest to you for help. They have immigration attorneys on staff but are swamped woth work.

Also ask for a list of "free" or "low cost" immigration lawyers from the clerk at your local immigration court. Watch out, however, for those lawyers are not really "free" or "low cost" as one can imagine.. Proceed with caution.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Or, reach out to attorneys around, I know we sometimes provide pro bono services to individuals we view as qualified for our time and attention for free. I would not take a pro bono case from outside of NY metropolitan area, though. I am sure you can find a California attorney how would agree to help on a immigration matter for free is you indeed cannot afford to pay.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.