Skip to main content

What if I was provoked into throwing a glass of water ion his face?

Chino, CA |

I feel I did nothing wrong they haveno witness they have no case why should I pay a fine and be on 3 yrs probation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it then.


Your question lacks facts. This is probably a criminal law matter.


You should contact a criminal lawyer in your area. There are many listed on this web site under Find a Lawyer.

Merry Fountain is licensed to practice law in Indiana. She can be contacted at 1-888-242-HURT. This is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is legal education intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. If the question does not include important timeframes and facts the answer could change. Merry Fountain strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state.


FWIW, the 'he made me do it' defense is not a strong one.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Mere words do not constituent sufficient grounds for committing a battery . Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


You've asked this question several times and gotten numerous answers . Words, even insulting ones, cannot form the basis for committing an assault. And yes - you committed a criminal act if you threw a glass of water at someone because they said you. You don't think you're guilty and didn't do anything wrong? Then plead not guilty and take it to trial, as opposed to whining on AVVO and refusing to accept responsibility for your criminal actions. You were wrong - get over it.

The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.


I am drowning in lack of empathy as you continue to post this insane BS question that a multitude of attorneys have answered. you are swimming in a shark infested pool of self pity. Man up.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 39 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer