Skip to main content


Detroit, MI |

he been denial an i601 wavier in Mexico and if he come back to the united states can he apply for the new wavier in march .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


If the person is in Mexico now, and if the waiver was denied, then it appears that he does not have permission to enter the United States at this time.

If he enters the United States illegally, then he will NOT be eligible to file the new provisional waiver than begins on March 4, 2013. In fact, depending on his prior immigration history, if he enters illegally at this time, he could face many more serious problems, including possible criminal charges, and ineligibility for future immigration benefits for a long time.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about this case.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


He can't come back until the waiver is granted. If comes back, he will be subject to a PERMANENT BAR looks like it. Hire a good attorney to work on the waiver.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues I would just add that depending upon when his waiver was denied he may be eligible to file an appeal with the Administrative Appesls Office. He could also re-file the request with better documentation of the hardship. I would encourage you to speak with an experienced immigration attorney and have the denial reviewed.


The provisional waiver program does nothing to change the laws that apply to illegal entrants. If he re-enters without permission, he will be subject to the permanent bar, which means he won't even be eligible for a waiver for 10 years.

Further, it should be noted that there are rumors swirling about that there is an amnesty. These rumors are FALSE. You should not believe any claims that the provisional waiver program will solve all your problems if he can just get here; it won't.

Finally, it appears you have posted several questions along this same line in the last 24 hours. Your husband's problem is beyond the minimal level of assistance that this site can offer. Please, call an attorney. Make an appointment for a consultation. Do not spend anymore time or money trying to do this on your own.

Good luck to you.

Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: The information I provide on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship.


If denied he should hire an attorney to reapply. Do not come back illegally or he will be banned forever.

For more info on I-601 waivers see

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.


If he has already accumulated more than one year of unlawful presence and then enters the U.S. illegally, he will trigger a permanent bar. He cannot even apply for a waiver of the permanent bar until he remains abroad for ten more years. Depending on the circumstances, you can appeal the denial of the waiver or file a new one. If you did not have an attorney or did not have a good one, you should find an attorney experienced with waiver applications to help you strengthen your application.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.