What happens when someone get a third OWI in five years? After the second OWI the person was on probation(which ended in june)?

Fort Wayne, IN |

Second offense was 3 years anabuse. This person had 2 outstanding warrants when arrested for third OWI. They were for driving while suspended and no financial responsiblity.

I am worried that you may be a HTV. Additionally, the new OWI will likely be a felony. I suggest you contact an attorney on this one.

This is an answer to a legal question posted on AVVO with limited facts and should not be construed as creating an attorney client relationship.

The person may be facing a difficult situation. The individual would be eligible to be adjudged a habitual traffic offender with a third OWI conviction. The third OWI offense would most likely be a felony charge due to the prior OWI convictions. All that being said, this individual should contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to discuss the case in more detail.

Juan C. Garcia, Jr.
GARCIA LAW OFFICE, LLC
www.juangarcialawoffice.com