Skip to main content

What happens when someone calls & makes a report with dfcs & dfcs can't make contact with you

Rome, GA |

someone got angry with me and made a false report & dfcs is basically beating down my door, but have not been able to make physical or vocal contact with me at all since they recieved the call.

+ Read More

Filed under: Child abuse
Attorney answers 1


I don't practice in Georgia and you should probably talk to a local lawyer experienced with how DCFS works in your area but a simple answer is -- it depends.

I have included a link below to the attorney search function of the National Association of Counsel for Children - use it to look for a dependency attorney who represents parents in your area and explain to the attorney you find the details you know about the false allegation so the attorney can help you figure out your risk level.

What the answer depends on is how seriously DCFS is likely to take the allegation. If they have reasonable cause to believe that you have or are likely to seriously injure your children, they can take them into protective custody if their inability to make contact with you causes their concerns to increase. That's not to say that they won't take your kids into custody if you do talk to them. That's why you should talk to a lawyer about the details in order to decide how best to handle the inquiry and your response.