Skip to main content

What happens to our current visas after my sister sends I-130 for me?

Centreville, VA |

My sister is a US citizen. We want to get permanent residency through her. I am married and I have two kids. (4-6 years of age.) we all have 10years tourists visa and My husband has both flight crew and tourists visas. as far as we searched, we understand that it takes long time to have a permanent residency with F4. We want to learn if we can still make US trips even if we have applied for a permanent residency through family member?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3



The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


US - as long as you are honest about the pending petition.


Yes, you can visit. The I-130 won't have any value for at-least 10 and possibly 20 years.

Franco Capriotti
Capriotti International Law

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.