What happens the second time i violate my probation?

Jamaica, NY |

i have placed on a 5 year probation and i have completed 3 years of it so far. i have violated once before by hoping the train turnstile and i got arrested for it however they did not charge it as a violation. i have just recently got a job out of new york city and by doing that i violated my probation again by leaving the 5 boroughs of new york . the charges against has been dropped however i was still placed under probation.

What do you mean the charges were dropped? Do you mean the probation violation? Probation should be happy that you have a job. Did you discuss with them allowing you to leave the georgraphic area to go to and from work? You don't say what you are on probation for. I suggest you call your lawyer or retain one.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Well, you may have answered your own question. From the facts you've given you say the charges have been dropped, which I take to mean that they have not violated you. You need to discuss this with your parole officer especially since you have a job and that is why you are leaving the designated area. You still remain on probation you say, so you and your parole officer need to work out how you can work and finish your probation.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

See my previous answer.

It sounds as if the violation is not being pursued, so you are ok...for now. The probation dept. accumulates all of these, and if they have another violation, they stack all of them together to insure that you get convicted, so in your case, on a 3rd violation, they could write you up for all three. So watch yourself.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.