Skip to main content

What happens in a non-DUI offense investigative drug/alcohol hearing?

Hoffman Estates, IL |

I will be going in for an investigative drug/alcohol hearing very soon. My charge is for possessing an altered I.D. which has my picture on it. My license has since been revoked. i am past the one year revocation period. I've gone in to petition for my driving privileges, but was denied. Now i need to go in for one of these investigative hearings. My questions are these: What exactly happense in these hearings? Am i going to be drug tested? Is there anything specific i should say in this hearing?
Thank you for your help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yoi need an attorney.


You should retain an attorney specializing in this area to assist you.


Do not go into this hearing without an experienced attorney. Without one, you wiill almost certainly lose.


It is a bit late to surmise or speculate what may develop during the scheduled investigative hearing in your case. What I feel is the most logical thing after reading your narrative is to retain a good attorney.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer