Skip to main content

What happens if you get a Dwi while on felony probation in Missouri?

Jefferson City, MO |

My boyfriend is on Felony Probation from a crime he committed at age 17. He is 21 now and just got a Dwi last night. He has never violated his probabtion before, or failed a UA. Im terrified and am not sure what to do, or what the outcome will be. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP. There are 2 issues: defense of the new DUI charge and possible motion to revoke the felony probated sentence based on the new arrest and use of alcohol. Get counsel!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Morgan Daniel Ditch

Morgan Daniel Ditch


Your boyfriend needs to hire a local criminal attorney licensed in Missouri to advise him on these serious matters.


I most definitely agree with my colleague. Securing qualified criminal defense counsel is critical at this point, especially since your boyfriend is looking at problems coming from two different directions. His PO might choose to request that he be detained (held in jail) for the potential violation of probation raised by the new arrest. Counsel retained immediately may be able to forestall such action. I would not wait to get on this project.


He needs an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately!


He needs to consult a local attorney immediately and needs to make sure he lets the attorney know he is on probation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer