Skip to main content

What happens if you drop dirty on your first test if they gave you 36 days to become clean

Marine City, MI |

i violated probation an have court tommrow an wanna know whats gunna happen

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I think you have been given a second bite at the proverbial apple of keeping the probation by being offered 36 days to remedy your tainted drug test. On the other hand, by keeping clean you maintain the probation and that alone in my humble opinion beats the alternative of jail.
I think you must have an attorney in Michigan to represent you legal interests to keep you on probation, otherwise you may lose that privilege.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


If the violation of probation is established by a preponderance of the evidence, or if you admit to violating your probation, it is up to the Judge to decide what happens. The Judge could elect to do nothing, the Judge could add conditions to your probation, the Judge could extend your probation, the Judge could put you in jail. If you are on any provision in the law to expunge the conviction, such as 7411 or HYTA, the Judge has the option to revoke that status. The Judge will probably be interested in how you are addressing your drug problem. If you don't have a lawyer, you should ask for one or ask for an adjournment so you can hire a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer