Skip to main content

What happens if you do not file a response to a petition for dissolution of marriage in 20 days

Golden, CO |

my future EX was served but has not filed a response and the 20 days have passed

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can file a motion for default. If granted the divorce can proceed without his involvement. However, many judges will not enter a default and will provide him notice of future proceedings.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer