What happens if someone has 3 DWI'S and has a revoked license, and gets pulled over and charged with a 4th DWI?

Arlington, TX |

Were all three misdemeanors, or, was the third a felony? If the third was a misdemeanor, his fourth can be filed as another misdemeanor or a third degree felony. If the third was a felony, then the fourth can be filed as a misdemeanor, third degree or second degree felony. Which way it's filed is purely at the prosecutor's discretion. As to his driving with revoked license he can be charged with Driving While License Invalid, a misdemeanor. As to driving a different vehicle, that could be a violation of his bond or probation and his bond revoked or increased and his probation could be revoked or amended to harsher terms. He should immediately begin seeking a good lawyer experienced in DWI defense because the stakes could be quite high. Good Luck

He should consult with an experienced DUI attorney in his area. His going to need one.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Ethan Patrick Meaney

I mean he is going to need one.

So he is a criminal who has no respect for the law and isn't willing to stop driving while intoxicated-probably "drunk"? Prison will protect the public and appears overdue! Personally, I wish a person like that would get treatment-not prison-but he is making very bad choices and is a threatens everyone else on the road. I don't want to share a highway with him, so I would vote for prison. It may be too late for him to clean up his act-I hope not.

Well, usually prison. You guys need a good attorney.

You will need to give more details in order to get a clear answer. Anytime you are dealing with four DWIs, you are looking at a very serious and complicated situation. In the worst case scenario, prison is a possibility, but that does not mean it is the only possibility. Your best bet is to hire an experienced DWI attorney as soon as possible.

Many more details and facts need to be known to give a good answer. You are in SERIOUS TROUBLE and should seek rehabilitation to show the court you are willing to change.

You need to find the best DWI lawyer you can afford, but it should not be inexpensive. You have a lot to lose.