Skip to main content

What happens if I plead not guilty? I was ticketed for "avoiding traffic device or intersection".

Buffalo, NY |

I was ticketed for "avoiding traffic device or intersection" in the other day. I feel that I was not in the wrong, but regardless, my question is what happens if I plead not guilty? I understand that I will have to appear in court, but is there any outcome that could be worse than the fine, which I calculated will be about 200 dollars. And how do I can I find out if I will receive points on my license. What, if any, possible defenses are there?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

If you plead "Not Guilty", and you should, you will be notified by the Court of a day to appear. Generally, you will meet with a prosecutor, who may or may not offer you a reduction.
Often, an attorney can handle cases like this without the need of having you appear in court.


2 point violation on your driving record.
You can plead it down to a 0 point parking ticket yourself or send a attorney to go for you.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)


If you were not "wrong" i.e. not guilty, don't plead guilty. Get an attorney and fight it with defenses you and the attorney identify, discuss, and agree upon. All moving violations have points, and you can check the exact penalties on the NYS DMV web site.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.