Skip to main content

What happens if I fail my first drug test for dyfs?

North Arlington, NJ |

I am 4 months pregnant and failed a drug test in the hospital when I got into a serious car accident. Dyfs now wants me to come in and take a drug test.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Contact an attorney ASAP. It may just be that they will want you to take parenting classes but it is hard to say without more information.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: / Email: NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.


I agree with Attorney Kelsen. You should contact a lawyer pronto! You can choose a lawyer from the profiles that you find here on

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


They could remove your baby at birth.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


It could affect your custody. Consult an attorney.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.


Two agencies you do not mess with are DYFS and the IRS. They can stay in your life forever. Get an attorney but make sure the attorney has experience fighting DYFS. It is an art unto itself. Call with more information.