Skip to main content

What happens if i don't go to my court date as i have to go home to the UK.

Marlborough, MA |

i got arrested for transportation of alcohol as a minor. i have been issued a court date for 15th spetember but i shall not be here as my visa runs out and i have to go back to the UK. what will happen to me if i dont atend my court date and leave the country?? thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you do not appear you will be defaulted and a warrant will issue for your arrest. If you want to come back to the States with peace fof mind get in touch with the clerk's office immediately. Talk to the Assistant District Atty assigned to your case and try to get a plea deal that involves a Continuance Without a Finding (CWOF) for a set period of time. If you do not get in trouble within that time period the matter may be dismissed.



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer