Skip to main content

What happens if I am NOT making prob. payments but my officer finds out I just got a penile enhancement? Will I be violated??

Pompano Beach, FL |
Attorney answers 3


If you are spending your money on something that is not related to probation and you are violated for failure to pay, what you spent your money on had better be necessary. If the procedure you obtained was not medically necessary, your failure to pay may be considered willful and therefore cause a violation by the Court.


You can be if you are not making probation payments because you are spending your money on non-necessary items. However, maybe this was a medical necessity? Awkward.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


If you elect to stop making probation payments and instead spend your money on something seen as a luxury item, like a boat, then the penalty could be stiff indeed. Since Viagra, and other quality-of-life drugs are usually covered by Medicare, I think the argument could be made that this was a necessary medical procedure and no different than spending money on, say, Zoloft.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Witt Law at 407-205-WITT (9488). This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship. It is offered for informational purposes only. Please consult with a licensed attorney before making any legal decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer