Skip to main content

What happens if a social study is ordered by the court.One party pays and the other pary does not pay?

Fort Worth, TX |

We are in Tarrant County Texas. The court orderd 50% from each party. Final hearing set for JAnuary 27, 2013 and Mediation set for July 27, 2012

+ Read More

Filed under: Mediation
Attorney answers 3


The case will not be assigned to a caseworker until the fee is paid in full. There's no way that Tarrant County will be able to complete a social study by July 27. If one party wants to pay the entire fee then that party can do so to get the social study moving.



Thank you...the judge gave us a deadline date which is today (6/20)to have the study paid for ? Does this mean anything good for us?


Typically a social study is ordered so the Judge will know more about the parents and their respective homes. Typically a social worker or someone trained in this will be appointed to visit with the parents at their respective homes along with the child(ren). The social worker will prepare a report, make a recommendation and file it with the clerk. Typically, the Judge will Order the fees split 50/50. Most of the times these fees are not that expensive.


Your best is to consult a local attorney so he or she can give you a complete legal analysis of your situation.

JMP Law, P.A.
Juna M. Pulayya

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer