Skip to main content


Memphis, TN |


+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Usually want to interview you to find out what happened. They may be trying to help themselves by getting you to mess up your case. Talk to an attorney before you do anything.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Contract or contact? Either way - if you are hurt, dont talk to them Seek a local personal injury attorney to represent you and get you maximum compensation. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


It is likely a claims adjuster is reaching out to you to (a) assess your claims and (b) perhaps offer a resolution. Claims adjusters are not your friends -- they are attempting to save their employer money int he handling of claims. If you are hurt, don't talk to a claims adjuster until you have had consulted with a personal injury attorney -- and in any case, do not agree to a recorded statement!

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Not 100% sure what you mean, but you should always have a private attorney deal with an insurance company regarding a personal injury or substantial property damage claim.


This depends on whose claims department is calling. Your insurance, most likely wanting your statements of the event. The other sides claim departmen, Not likely wanting to settle. This usually means they want a statement from you. Most likely a recorded statement. They usually advise that they want to hear your side of the story and what you think caused the accident. They will ask questions of you that may come back at you latter in the course of trying to settle the claim. Talk to your attorney, make sure that you get the name of the person you are talking to and ask them if they are recording the call. If you do not want to be recorded then advise them of that fact and ask them to make sure the call is not recorded. Then get legal counsel to sit in with you when you talk to them.


If you sustained injuries, don't speak with claims without a lawyer. If this just for property damage, you should be able to resolve this yourself.


I am always happy when a client calls me before they speak to the insurance adjuster. This is because the adjuster is going to take a recorded statement from you that later may be used to deny your claim. If you have an attorney representing you, the lawyer can discuss the facts of the injury and determine what may or may not hurt you when dealing with the adjuster. Remember, the adjuster's job is to find a way to pay you as little as possible; your lawyers job is to work to get you as much as possible. Speak to an attorney before you discuss the claim with the insurance company.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer