Skip to main content

What government department assists a protected individual in filing an civil rights complaint under 1983

Indianapolis, IN |

in order to gain an emergency injunction for the deprivation of rights and privileges. Entitled by violations to due process repeatedly (one of many examples: court was held prior to legal court documented time denying petitioner of an obtained P/O the right to testify or offer evidence to support the need to maintain the P/O forcing the protected to begin collecting the same consistent evidence of stalking and abuse for the 3rd time in a year) freedom of speech, cruel and unusual punishment and threatened incarceration, where good faith was established and concurrent to the preponderance of evidence requiring custodial parent to choose between going to jail and lose of custody of 1/3 children or maintaining property owed prior creating a $12, 000 source of income while providing a human

right to housing the 2 remaining children reside. The is show the court originally lacked subject matter. Under Which Misrepresentation Is Fraudulent (Scienter) fabrication of evidence proven by factual legal docs defaming my character forcing me through harassing evals defending my disability holding court up due to plaintiff never complying to order they requested gained though a criminal act. It was not allowed to be admitted as evidence falling on my credit. No evidence or witness testimony was allowed.Point any direction outside of hiring a lawyer. I did. I am choosing between children and home. The court discrimination created a dangerous doctrines after violation the plaintiff terrorizes with to extreme and excessive points causing fair housing violations while judge denied protections(above). I need a useful direction for remedy with specs if possible to implement it due to the layers of complexity I don't pretend to understand.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you simply wish to file a complaint you will want to contact the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. If you are actually looking to file a civil rights case for a section 1983 violation you'll need to find an attorney who can advise you and help you with that or a civil rights / civil liberties non-profit which can help you. Locally in Central Indiana you may want to start with a Bar referral service or with a Legal Aid, Legal Services or Neighborhood or Law School legal clinic. Good luck.


Unfortunately, you mix a lot of legal words in your post. Cruel and unusual punishment is a guarantee in a criminal case, freedom of speech is a first amendment guarantee, and preponderance of evidence is a civil action . It sounds like this is all surrounding some sort of protective order.

This case sounds like there was no attorney involved. Before you try and file a 1983 action, I would suggest you get an attorney familiar with These orders and walk through the case.

If you are filing under 1983 there is no government department that exists to do this. A 1983 action is a private action against the government for civil rights abuse. As Mr. Rodriguez advises you need to find an attorney to assist.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


You have thrown everything in, including the kitchen sink. You should contact a local lawyer to help sort this out in an understandable fashion.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.


Best to have a local civil rights lawyer investigate. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer