Skip to main content

What forms need to be filled out to switch from F1 to J1 clinical?

West Warwick, RI |

I am currently waiting to get my DS-2019 from ECFMG, what do i do after I get it? I know i have to fill out form i-539, what else should I be aware of that might be important? ( As i understood correctly i cant send this form until i get the ds 2019.)

Thank you very much for your time and your answer!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will need evidence that you are a full-time student and that you have passed USMLE, Parts One and Two.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Validity of current status and exam results.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal


I would appreciate a best answer vote. After all my answer was best. Thank you.