Skip to main content

What forms do we need to complete to start Citizenship? We married last month. I am a U S citizen born here she was not.

Murfreesboro, TN |

I was born in the U.S. She was born in Manila. We just married and we want to start the citizenship process. What forms do we need to complete to begin the process. Is an attorney necessary? Can all of this be done via the mail or will we have to go somewhere in person? What cost will be involved?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 1


Hi. You are going to petition her through a marraige petition but she will not get her citizenship she will get her greencard. You will have to file forms I-130/I-485...(with some more forms) and these are filed through mail. You will have to determine if she is able to file these forms here in the US. How did she enter the US? This type of petition involves an interview. I would encourage that that you do seek the help of an immigration order for the process to go smoothly. Good Luck!