Skip to main content

What forms do I really need to file an uncontested divorce in GA?

Atlanta, GA |

Do I need a Domestic Intake Worksheet or Automatic Domestic Standing Order? Both my spouse and I live in Fulton County.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Doing a divorce pro se with forms is harder than you think. It's dangerous, and while pro se divorces sometimes work, most are problematic and many go very badly. The small additional cost for a lawyer is worth it, and while Fulton County does have some forms, even their own site acknowledges that you should have them reviewed by a lawyer.

Amongst the many documents you will need in Fulton County are a summons, initiation form, disposition form, report of divorce, standing order, intake worksheet, complaint for divorce, consent to try, verification, acknowledgment and separation agreement. You'll also need a final decree. In some cases you will also need a financial affidavot, child support worksheet, parenting plan, child support addendum, etc. You may also need other documents as appropriate such as venue waivers, etc.

If you do decide to seek legal help, and that is quite wise, feel free to call me at 404-768-3509.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

Glen Edward Ashman

Glen Edward Ashman


For persons who do decide to proceed pro se, my office offers a one hour reduced fee coaching consultation at $100. If we are retained to actually do the case and you decide not to proceed pro se, we credit that fee towards our uncontested fee.


I assume you are both in agreement with property settlement, alimony and child support. Both forms are required for a divorce. Both can be found online as well as the pleadings forms. I would not suggest that you try it without legal counsel. If you want to do it without counsel you should at should at least have an attorney coach you in the forms, the information required and to review your final documents before you file.

My office will review documents at $250/hour. 678-992-2631. Legal counsel is money well spent.


Fulton County provides pro se litigants in a divorce action with EVERYTHING that they need to file their own divorce, including instructions that detail what documents must be filed in what situations. You can find these forms on the Fulton County Family Law Information Center website.

One of the items contained within their documents is the recommendation that you consult with an attorney. Even when parties to a divorce think that they have reached an agreement on everything, they tend to overlook something. It is therefore in your best interest to at least sit down with an attorney before you file anything.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.


The best form you can sign is a check to a experienced family law attorney. The fact that you don't know the answer to these questions indicates to me that you are in over your head.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer