Skip to main content

What forms do I need to file a Pro Se divorce in Gwinnett County?

Lawrenceville, GA |

I do not have money to file for divorce besides the court fee and Legal Aid is impossible to get a hold of. What specific forms do I need to file on my own in Gwinnett County? My husband and I agree on all the aspects of the divorce/

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You may be able to contact the Gwinnett County Superior Court Clerk's Office and they may have pro se packets. Otherwise, you may want to take a look at the following for Fulton County's Family Law Division; their standard forms are used across the state by attorneys and individuals alike as a quick and convenient source of family law-related docs.


There are many attorneys who can prepare these documents for you at a reasonable cost, especially when both parties agree. If you absolutely cannot hire an attorney, go to the legal aid office personally. If they will not help you, at least ask them for some forms to do it yourself. Do not purchase forms online from companies that have no knowledge of Georgia law.

I am exclusively a family law attorney, practicing primarily in the metro Atlanta, Georgia trial courts. However, I handle appeals from anywhere in Georgia.


While Fulton, Cobb, Gwinnett and Dekalb all have some minimal online forms, you'd be surprised how inexpensive the fees are for a lawyer to do a divorce in Gwinnett (feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 for a quote). Given the many problems divorce forms cause, I strongly suggest you don't risk a pro se divorce.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.


Gwinnett Legal Aid has Gwinnett specific family law forms. They can be found on the following website-

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer