Skip to main content

What forms do I need to appeal a forcible detainer in Galveston County? I have til Feb 14th to leave my home.

League City, TX |

No writ has been issued yet. Can a writ be issued and can I be forced out during an appeal process? The mortgage co. said that they had sent me a notice to vacate in Nov., I did not get it, they have no proof that I received it either. I was served papers to appear in court on the 28th of Jan., went to court on Feb 3rd, was givren til Feb 14th. Judge said that I have til today to appeal.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Check out this link

It provides the details of appealing an eviction starting on page 4. I suggest hiring an attorney.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.


This is complicated and you should seriously consider hiring an experienced lawyer to help you with this. Good luck!!


To start, you'll need to file a notice of appeal, and post a bond. Talk to the JP court clerk.

If you think you have a good case, I strongly suggest you hire an attorney, otherwise all you're going to do is delay the inevitable.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer