Skip to main content

What forms do I need for step parent adoption and where can I find them?

Kennewick, WA |

My husband would like to adopt my biological son. The biological father has offered to relinquish his parental rights as he has not been in the picture and wants to stop paying child support. So this is uncontested. What forms do I need to fill out exactly? I've been searching and I cannot find them. I need the form for the biological dad to relinquish his rights, consent to adopt forms, petition to adopt(?).

Again, what forms do I need exactly and where can I find them?

Please, help me do this on my own. All I need are forms. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can find the forms at Washington State publishes a good "how to" at

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended to be a general statement of legal principles only. It should not be relied upon for any specific action. Please seek the advice of a qualified local attorney to review your specific case.

Scott T Ashby

Scott T Ashby


Washington State has a good "how to" at The state does not provide forms for adoption, but they are readily and inexpensively available from several document services. Search for Washington State Stepparent Adoption Forms and you will find several such services. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer