Skip to main content

What forms do I have to file with the court to dissolve A guardianship now that my son is 18?

Dade City, FL |

This was originally setup to protect a settelement from a malpractice suit. We have not had to do annual accounting. He is going to collage and needs the money for school.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I am surprised you were not ordered to file annual accounting of the assets, but that could be because of the amount of the funds. A Petition for Termination of Guardianship with an accompanying Order will accomplish your need. The Petition will have to state the reasoning for the termination, i.e. he is over 18, and he has regained capacity, i.e. mental or physical.
I hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below. Thank you!
My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed as an attorney in the state where the law applies.

Dan W. Armstrong, Attorney
Law Offices of Dan W. Armstrong, P.A.
822 A1A North, Suite 303
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
(O) 904.280.0058, (F) 904.280.0109


You have to petition to terminate the guardianship. just 1 form.


Go to the clerk of court website and lookup the form "petition to terminate guardianship."

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.