Skip to main content

What form do I need to fill out to check my husbands immigration record of how many times he has been caught by immigration.

San Antonio, TX |

We need to know what kind of deportations he has on his record. If they were volunteer ones or by judge.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can find out if he was ever deported by the Immigration Judge by doing a FOIA request with EOIR. You can also do FOIA requests with CBP and USCIS to try to find voluntary departures.

I would recommend the assistance of an immigration attorney who has experience making these requests.


File a FOIA request.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Request his A-File via FOIA request

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


The form is an . It is easier if your husband signs it as requesting his own records, but you can request them on his behalf, especially if he signs that it is ok if you get those records. There sill be come cost associated with the copies, but it isn't very expensive.

This should not be construed as advice, only information and I recommend for any additional questions you seek the advice of experienced immigration legal counsel. The posting of a response in no way infers client - attorney relationship has been established.