What financial action(s) can be taken to protect assets, when there is a potential civil suit in a hit and run for the accused?

El Segundo, CA |

The accused has insurance and criminally we won't know for about a month. The accused is willing to help with expenses.

Need more information

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

To protect the accused's assets? If so, look at accused's policy limits and look for possible exposure.

In general, I would need alot more information. Off the cuff, why doesn't the 'accused' try to negotiate a settlement of the potential civil liability?

Best,
Melissa Mack, Esq.
Alameda, CA

My response, and all content contained therein, is for informational purposes only, and does not create an attorney client relationship.