What does this mean:

San Bernardino, CA |

SERVE 180 DAYS IN A SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY JAIL FACILITY, WITH CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED, A MATTER OF 12 DAYS, PLUS CONDUCT CREDIT PURSUANT TO 1-PC4019 ND ABIDE BY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FACILITY WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF COUNTY PAROLE. REPORT TO GLEN HELEN REHABILITATION CENTER ON ......ELIGIBLE FOR WEEKENDER/WORK RELEASE PROGRAM. COMPLETE BY.....?

It means that the defendant was sentenced to serve six months of custody time for his/her case. It looks like a total of 12 days was credited for time spent in jail prior to the imposition of sentence.

The defendant can opt to serve his/her time by working through the weekend work release program, which is administered through the Glen Helen Jail facility. Alternately, the defendant can arrange to serve the time by surrendering to jail, should he/she choose.

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking here, to tell the truth. I hope this helped.

Any statements I make in these forums (fora?) should not be taken as direct legal advice, merely informed guidance. This is true due to the anonymous nature of this venue, and the incomplete information which is invariably provided by the questions. It is imperative that you consult directly with an attorney regarding your specific situation before acting on or relying on anything represented here. Period.

Jeffrey George Moore

Jeffrey George Moore

I just noticed the "plus conduct credit", so the defendant may actually have up to 24 days knocked off the 180 total, depending on how the conduct credits were calculated.

Thank you for you reply. What I was trying to find out is if the defendant will physically serve 180 days in jail or if he will serve 180 days by working for the jail or only going on the weekends, etc.

Jeffrey George Moore

Jeffrey George Moore

No custody necessary. But that's a lot of weekends...