What does The previous determination will be modified mean as an unemployment appeal result

Charlotte, NC |

I had a hearing today for my unemployment benefits to determine if I was terminated for misconduct. I was determined not disqualified. what does that result mean after my hearing. this was posted online the day of my hearing

Although I do not practice North Carolina law, a determination that you are "not disqualified" from receiving unemployment benefits generally means that your request for benefits has been approved. The determination means that you were not terminated for misconduct and that the employer will be charged. I hope this answers your question.

Right now you do not have an interruption of your unemployment benefits. This may change if your employer continues on the appeals process and is successful. Take Care!

Stephen F Wallace
2411 Penny Road, Suite 203
High Point, NC 27265
P 336.882.4940
F 888.500.1846